As one of 3 field based Sales Managers you will cover a region of the UK working closely with the Sales Director to promote Biblio Travel’s launch to the UK Travel Trade. The Sales Manager should be visible and accessible to travel agents to provide support and assistance to proactively sell Biblio Travel. The Sales Manger needs to be proficient on the Biblio Travel booking system and knowledgeable about Biblio Travel’s products.
Job Title: Sales Manager
Reports to: Sales Director
Location: Field Based in UK
Contract length: 2 months, February 2021 – March 2021
Salary: circa £23k per year pro rata plus milage at £0.25 per mile.
- Communicate the Key Sales Messages of Biblio Travel to Trade Distribution Partners
- Train Travel Agents on Biblio Travel’s Systems and Product Portfolio
- Support Travel Agents with booking queries and sales inquiries
- Develop positive relationships between the Travel Trade and Biblio Travel
- To set appointments and execute a weekly sales call plan to visit circa. 7 travel agents per day within the given territory, coupled with Zoom webinars
- Visit and work proactively with these travel agents to raise the profile and improve the performance of Biblio Travel.
- Produce a weekly report detailing feedback from the sales call plan and required follow up
- Present in training sessions, sales calls, and regional managers meetings about Biblio Travels products and services.
- Identify and feedback on key agents who are keen to work closely with Biblio Travel and develop their relationship further
- Be proficient in demonstrating the Biblio Travel booking system on sales calls
- Possess a strong product knowledge of Cyprus and Biblio Travel’s properties and KSP’s
- Effectively communicate to trade partners Biblio’s campaign messages and incentives
- Be a primary point of contact for the given territory, always responding to agent enquiries promptly and ensuring they are resolved within agreed timeframes.
- Drive two-way communication to improve performance e.g. conference calls, forums, sales meetings, etc.
- Monitor the competitor propositions on the high street, respective promotional activity & customer service, and feedback to ensure the brand proposition maintains a competitive edge
- Supports the wider business key initiatives in delivering key projects.
- Be able to work proactively and independently to deliver against objectives.
- Minimum 3 years Sales Development experience UK travel trade within the assigned region
- Well educated to A level standard or equivalent business management experience
- Full driving licence
- Further relevant courses completed e.g. sales, presentations, negotiation, marketing, etc
- Previous experience in writing and delivering training/presentations
- Previous experience in a sales role
- Previous understanding of retail sales
Skills and Knowledge
- Sound knowledge of the travel industry and travel retailing, with a particular emphasis on the “independent retail environment”.
- Willingness to learn all new technology software and applications.
- Understanding of the package holiday market and competitors
- Ability to build rapport quickly and clearly communicate, both written and verbal at all levels including senior management
- Results and target orientated
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Self-confident and able to translate a “can do” mentality to others
- Good time management skills
- Demonstrable experience with power point, excel & word skills
- Able to work under own initiative and self-motivated.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK
- Hold a clean driving license and have use of own car and mobile phone